Zakład Optymalizacji Kombinatorycznej
The research of the Combinatorial Optimization Group focuses on discrete optimization problems arising in network design, scheduling, logistic and planning, and graph theory. We design efficient algorithms along with provable guarantees on the quality of constructed solutions. We apply and develop methods from different branches of mathematics and theoretical computer science, such as mathematical programming, combinatorics, and algorithm theory.
Our areas of expertise include:
- approximation algorithms for NP-hard graph problems
- algorithms for travelling salesman problems
- structure of graphs and matchings
- online algorithms for scheduling problems
- rounding linear programming relaxations
- online algorithms for network problems
- algorithmic game theory
One post-doc position within the project Algorithmic fundamentals of supply chain networks and one within the project Algorithmic online optimization for graph problems. See announcement for more details.